3/10/08

Late update, sorry

This tank is maturing nicely. The HC is spreading without any dificulties. CO2 is maintained via Drop Checker (4-5 bps).
TetraTec EX700 external filter and Koralia Nano 900 l/h for surface agitation.
Water change 50% every week. Re-dosing KNO3, KH2PO4 and GH-Booster once a week (at the moment).
I am not adding any traces yet since I saturated the substrate when emerged with lost of liquid Tropica Plant Nutrition.
I actually ran into a Hair Algae problem after I started the submersed set-up. All the added fertiliser probably entered the water column and I also dosed 15ml of Tropica fert extra on day one. I only had very low plants like HC, Hair Grass and Pogostemon helferi so no way they could outcompete the algae with fert over dose and hi lights.
I did huge wc every day (80%) for about 10 days, to re-set the system. I also planted tall plants to help with nutrient uptake. Everything seems to be in order now.
Plants; Hemianthus calitrichoides Cuba, Hair Grass, Pogostemon helferi, Bluxa japonica, Cryptocoryne balansae, Hygrophyla Rosanervig.
Fauna; Rasbora hengeli, Amano shrimps, Otocinclus.