3/12/08

Maturing Hi-light scape


The HC is spreading very well. I am maintaining steady CO2 levels. CO2 starts 1 hour before light switch on, and goes off half an hour before they switch off. Using drop checker for CO2 levels (from Aquatic Nature).
I did notice some Fuzz algae on leaves and glass, so I added 4 Siamese Algae Eaters, and already after a day, algae seems to disappear ;-)
I started dosing Tropica liquid fertiliser with N&P 5ml today, and will dose it 2-3 times a week, followed by a weekly 50% water change.
After each water change I dose half a tea spoon of GH-Booster for extra Mg and Ca.
Note; I noticed Hemianthus calitrichoides getting yellowish leaves and after dosing GH-Booster they seem to be doing great again.
Tap water here in Lomma Sweden is very soft, with GH of 3.3 dGH, so dosing extra Mg and Ca is necessary IMO.